At our 9:30 time, COOL-J (Children of our Lord on a Journey), we follow the church year from Lent through Epiphany. We utilize Bible reading, music, arts & crafts, games, short written exercises involving crosswords, mazes, and word searches to reaffirm the lesson of the day. In addition, puppetry is utilized to engage children of all ages in the exploration & study of God’s word.
During our 10:30 worship service, the children participate in church with their families through the children’s message time and are then invited to attend COOL-J II. The children’s message of the day will be expanded on during this time through stories, music, games, puppets, arts & crafts as well as other related activities. We encourage our children to fully participate in our provided worship experiences based on their needs.
North Lake UMC Youth meets after 10:30 worship to gather to have check-in time and also prayer time. In Youth group, we share about our weeks and prayer requests. We also share “What we are walking away with today” by sharing our experiences in worship each Sundayand where and how is God leading us. We have wonderful Youth who care for one another and prays for one another.
Some of the Youth activities at North Lake UMC…
- served at Chelsea Retirement Center through their musical talents with other musicians
- served Faith in Action by shopping for them and also walking for Crop Walk yearly
- serving CASS Community Services by preparing meals and serving through Puppet ministry at NLUMC. (North Lake UMC)
- Annual Youth Good Friday Fast – having some down time with God…
- We also have fun going out to bowl and also to miniature golf and etc..